[ESS] Getting rid of Control Ms

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Tue May 15 18:18:18 CEST 2007

Ok.  I know this has been discussed before, but I searched the
archives without success.  I have 2 nearly identical installations
of XEmacs 21.4.20 and ESS 5.3.3 on Solaris/sparc 9.  One is fine.  The
one I actually use everyday has Control-M-itis.  Instead of performing a
carriage return in *shell*, I get ^M.  I tried
(add-hook 'comint-output-filter-functions 'comint-strip-ctrl-m)
but that did nothing.  And, I don't think that was what I wanted
anyways.  I wanted the ^M interpreted as carriage return, rather
than removed.

Any ideas?

Rodney