[ESS] [R] getting ess/emacs to link with a remote instance of R

Mark W Kimpel mkimpel at iupui.edu
Tue Mar 20 22:50:35 CET 2007

Seth,

Thank you for your response, every worked exactly as you described it,
even the fact that ?help does not work very well with a remote session.
I will probably open up a separate emacs window with a local R process
to access help functions.

I didn't know about the ess-help, I had checked out emacs-help but,
looking at an archive, it looked like it had very little activity over
the past two years. Maybe I was mistaken?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark W. Kimpel MD
Neuroinformatics

Official Business Address:

Department of Psychiatry
Indiana University School of Medicine
PR M116
Institute of Psychiatric Research
791 Union Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46202

Preferred Mailing Address:

15032 Hunter Court
Westfield, IN  46074

(317) 490-5129 Work, & Mobile & VoiceMail

(317) 663-0513 Home (no voice mail please)

1-(317)-536-2730 FAX