[ESS] Avoid ssh from catching C-c C-c with ess-remote?

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Fri Mar 9 22:21:11 CET 2007

Recently, I have been using M-x ssh to get a remote terminal, starting
R, and then using M-x ess-remote to interact with this remote R using
local ESS.

However, if I enter C-c C-c to interrupt R, the ssh process receives
the signal and exits (killing both R and the ssh session in the
process).

I've now pulled the plug on myself twice and need to find a
workaround.  Any suggestions?  The same thing happens if I start a
shell using M-x shell and then ssh on the command line.

Thanks,

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
http://bioconductor.org