[ESS] max lisp eval depth & ESS

Chris Evans chris at psyctc.org
Thu Jun 28 14:17:10 CEST 2007

Stephen Eglen sent the following  at 28/06/2007 11:07:

... some snipped ...

> If you are fairly new to XEmacs, may I suggest that, if you can, you
> try to use the Windows version of Emacs that comes with ESS:
>
>  http://vgoulet.act.ulaval.ca/en/ressources/emacs/
>
> XEmacs used to have a lot better graphical support than Emacs, but
> with the release of Emacs 22, I think that difference has disappeared.
> Further, thanks to people like Vincent Goulet, the availability of
> binaries like the above, should make using Emacs more attractive
> again.  I'd strongly push for people to switch back to Emacs!

Thanks for rolling this for we lesser mortals Stephen, it installed like
a dream and does look good and was easy to reconfigure to point to my
location for R.

I've installed it as I have been using XEmacs and hitting an error
message similar or identical to the one Ben reports (don't know why).

Emacs/ESS looks good but there's one ESS toolbar button that appears in
XEmacs that I really miss, the "submit a line" one.  ctrl-C, alt-J is a
clumsy and slow sequence compared with clicking on that button to work
through some code.

I may be missing something obvious but is it possible to get those
toolbar buttons in Emacs too?

TIA,

Chris

--
Chris Evans <chris at psyctc.org> Skype: chris-psyctc
Professor of Psychotherapy, Nottingham University;