[ESS] windows ddeclient delay

Joseph Collins jccxjunk2 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 31 18:18:50 CEST 2007

Greetings ---

running: windows xp , S-PLUS 7.0 , emacs 22.1 , ESS 5.3.4

When I start the S-PLUS gui and then call S+6-existing, I get a 30-second delay in call-process-region during startup, (even with
ess-S+6-startup-delay set to 1).

In every call to ess-eval-region-ddeclient (say, from ess-eval-line), I get a 15-second delay in call-process-region.

(note that ESS has been tested with emacs 22.0.50-pretesting but not 22.1. There is no problem with emacs 21.3)

Confirmation, non-confirmation, and/or suggestions are appreciated . . . I can supply further information upon request.

Thanks.

--- joe