[ESS] Emacs finding "R" on Windows {was "Release of ESS 5.3.5"}

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Fri Aug 24 17:52:12 CEST 2007

    RMH> I guess I had better change the documentation.

    RMH> But first, I have to make R-newest work again.  After the changes last week,
    RMH> R-newest was broken.  I am working on it right now.

Thank you, Rich, for your fix;
sorry for the typo (and the change was yesterday .. ;-)

I'm considering a 2nd change that makes  (ess-find-rterm)
return nil instead of producing an error on platform where
   (concat (getenv "ProgramFiles") "/R/")
does not even exist as a directory.

((and yes, this should go off ESS-help to ESS-core ..))

Martin