[ESS] better ess-site.el {was " Release of ESS 5.3.5"}

Phillip Lord phillip.lord at newcastle.ac.uk
Thu Aug 23 12:19:52 CEST 2007

  >> Anyway, this is just a suggestion. I can understand why you might not be
  >> keen to go through the work, and I am a very minor user of ESS -- blame
  >> it all on Stephen Eglen, it's his fault I am doing this.

  SE> Hi Phil!

  SE> Sorry, been out of reach most of today and yesterday.  Autoloading ESS
  SE> would be great, but there's a lot of dependencies to work through within
  SE> ESS that may make it hard.

I can see that. Still, as I implied I think you can separate this logically
into autoloading all of or just bits of ESS. The latter requires your
dependencies sorted out. The former doesn't.

  SE> Re: learning R, I'm putting on a new course this autumn, maybe I can
  SE> bring it with me to Newcastle sometime?

I'd be interesting in seeing it. I'm going to try buying some books but
something a bit more tutorial-ish would be of great value; the "Introduction
to R" from the R website works as info within emacs which is nice, but is a
bit heavy for me.

Cheers

Phil