[ESS] special display buffers

Tyler Smith tyler.smith at mail.mcgill.ca
Fri Apr 27 18:51:00 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to set up emacs to open help buffers in a special display
frame. I've got the following in my .emacs:

(setq special-display-regexps
      '("^\\*Completions\\*$"
	"^\\*Help\\*$"
	"^[*]help.*"))

When I test this in scratch with the following:

(special-display-p "*Completions*")
(special-display-p "*Help*")
(special-display-p "*help[R](matrix)*")
(special-display-p "*scratch*")

The first three commands return t, the last one nil, as
expected. Completion and emacs help buffers open in the special frame,
as desired. However, the R help buffers continue to open in the other
window of the same frame. I'm stumped. Is there something in
inferior-ess-help-command or related functions that's gumming this up,
or have I missed something?

Thanks!

Tyler