[ESS] indentation of continued statements

Neil Best nbest at forestone.com
Thu Apr 26 16:56:25 CEST 2007

I received a suggestion pointing me to ess-style-alist and I tried each
of those options for ess-style but the behavior is the same.  My sense
is that there is something hard-coded such that ess-expression-offset
and ess-arg-function-offset do not work as advertised (see below).
Maybe someone who is familiar with the ESS elisp can point me in the
right direction?  I would appreciate it.

Neil Best wrote:
> Hello, everyone.  I have tried to modify the behavior of ESS indentation
> to suit my style without success.  Maybe someone can point out the step
> I have missed.
>
> For my style indenting to an open-paren is too much white space.

[ Especially when preceded by "bigLongName <-" ]