[ESS] R hangs with ESS-emacs and options(error=recover)

Richard M. Heiberger rmh at temple.edu
Mon Apr 23 22:27:19 CEST 2007

Yes, ESS is looking for a "> " prompt.  recover() is issuing
a "Selection: " which is not the signal that ESS is looking for.

If we made ESS sensitive to "Selection: "
would there be a downside?  Could we change the prompt conditional
on something?  For example, we could trap the statement in the *R* buffer
options(error=recover)
and set the inferior-ess-primary-prompt to recognize "Selection: ".
When would we set it back?

A better plan for the user, but harder on ESS, would be to monitor
the options()$error

Rich