[ESS] elisp code: show function arguments

Sven Hartenstein lists at svenhartenstein.de
Mon Apr 9 09:32:54 CEST 2007

(Again, it seems like this e-mail I wrote some days ago did not reach
the list...)

Hi,

I have just updated my elisp functions that show the R arguments:
http://www.svenhartenstein.de/emacs-ess.php

Sorry, no XEmacs compatibility yet. This is on my list but will take
some time.

New feature: a function that inserts (instead of just displays) the
arguments and their default values (as was requested by Lindsay).

If you are not interested in this new feature, there is no reason to
get the new version unless you want to improve it. The new version is
more modular and hopefully easier to hack.

Note: the function and variable names have changed! They might change
again in the future. Be sure you don't get confused.

The new functions are also GPLed, so that ESS core can use and modify
it for ESS inclusion.

@ESS-core: Any roadmap for this feature? How can I best help now, or
should I better leave the code to you elisp experts now? Please let me
know what I would best do. Anyway, I'll be on holidays until Thuesday
and will hardly even check my e-mails.

Happy R-(or elisp-)coding!

Sven