[ESS] making sure proper ~/.emacs is loading

Kiermeier, Andreas (PIRSA - SARDI) Kiermeier.Andreas at saugov.sa.gov.au
Tue Apr 3 05:52:11 CEST 2007

Hi Mark,

Based on the help for the variable custom-file, it holds the file name
where emacs's customization (through customization system - see Options
menu -> Customize Emacs) are stored.

So, anything of the usual commands that you had (previously) placed in
your ~/.emacs file should stay there. By the sounds of the help you
should change the custom-file at all, but let emacs take care of that.

So, bring back Sven's code into your .emacs file and give it that whirl.

With respect to finding out what files are being loaded, I usually look
at the *Messages* buffer - that may help you here, too.

Hope this help.

Cheers,

Andreas