[ESS] *.Rnw treated as *.R files by Xemacs, syntax highlighting

Christian Hoffmann christian.hoffmann at wsl.ch
Fri Sep 15 15:39:47 CEST 2006

A.J. Rossini schrieb:
> Could I suggest sending this to the ESS help group?
>
> What did you change to make it not work again; I thought we'd solved it?
>
> Does:
>
> M-x load-library noweb-mode
>
> and do you have a customized ess-site?  If so, could you make it
> "normal" again?
>
> How about trying a vanilla load i.e.
>
> emacs -q
>
> and then manually loading ess-site  (M-x load-library ess-site)
>
> and seeing if it works?

Dear Toni,

Simple solution: in init.el

(add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/local/ess/lisp")

is the correct way to access the current version of ESS through the link
"ess". Our version had changed, and I had the former path
usr/local/ess-5.3.0/lisp  hard-coded.

best
Christian

--
Dr. Christian W. Hoffmann,
Swiss Federal Research Institute WSL

Tel +41-44-7392-277  (office)   -111(exchange)
Fax +41-44-7392-215  (fax)
christian.hoffmann at wsl.ch
http://www.wsl.ch/staff/christian.hoffmann