[ESS] "Cannot open load file" "essl-bugs" / Renamed version of R

Neil Shephard nshephard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 06:38:57 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 10/19/06, Richard M. Heiberger <rmh at temple.edu> wrote:
> For the startup problem, add the following line, correctly
> expanded for your system, to your .emacs file
>

> (setq-default inferior-R-program-name "/correct/path/Rinteractive") ;; unix systems

Thanks for the quick response, I tried adding the above line (modified
for this system) to my ~/.emacs file but it still seemed to pick the
wrong R script (/usr/bin/R which did the fancy things distributing to
nodes on the grid).

The lines I have for ESS in ~/.emacs are...

<----snip--->
;;; Loads the ESS package for editing statistical files
(load "~/emacs/ess-5.3.3/lisp/ess-site")
(setq-default inferior-R-program-name "/usr/bin/Rinteractive")
<----snip--->
 (and just to check I'm sane..

$ which Rinteractive
/usr/bin/Rinteractive
)

However, you set me on the right track and I uncommented and  modified
the same line in ~/emacs/ess-5.3.3/lisp/ess-site.el to reflect
Rinteractive and can now run R under ESS again.

Thanks for the help,

Neil
--
"An intellectual is a person who has discovered something more
interesting than sex." - Aldous Huxley

Email - nshephard at gmail.com / neilshep at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Website - http://slack.ser.man.ac.uk/