[ESS] ESS and LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Erik Iverson iverson at biostat.wisc.edu
Wed Oct 18 22:57:45 CEST 2006

Rodney -

Ok, that does work!  I'm able to load package Cairo successfully if I
start Xemacs from the shell in KDE.  I also tried a Gnome session.  It
works from the command line *and* when I start it from Gnome with "run
application" or whatever similar option there is in Gnome.  It's only in
KDE when I start it from "Run command" or from my shortcut that it
doesn't work.

Well, I realize at this point it's probably not an ESS issue, and I'm
content with starting Xemacs from my shell.  Still kind of puzzling, but
don't know if there's anything to do about it.  If I ever figure it out,
I'll post here.  Seems at this point to be KDE related?

Thanks so much,
Erik