[ESS] ESS 5.3.0: calling Rterm with additional options

Pfaff, Bernhard Dr. Bernhard_Pfaff at fra.invesco.com
Thu May 11 10:47:40 CEST 2006

Dear list subscriber,

I wonder how I can supply additional options to Rterm, e.g. --internet2
or --max-mem-size=1Gb on Windows XP.

If I simply add them in ess-site.el or similarily in .emacs after the
path to Rterm and do a M-x R, I get the error message of a spawning
child process with an invalid argument, i.e.

neither with the line in ess-site.el nor in .emacs like:

(setq inferior-R-program-name "C:/R/R-2.3.0/bin/Rterm.exe --internet2")

achieves the desired result. I do have included the bin directory to R
in my environmental variable 'PATH' and calling Rterm without options
works flawlessly. Any pointers or help are most welcome.

Best,
Bernhard

Dr. Bernhard Pfaff
Global Structured Products Group
(Europe)

Invesco Asset Management Deutschland GmbH
Bleichstrasse 60-62
D-60313 Frankfurt am Main

Tel: +49(0)69 298 07230
Fax: +49(0)69 298 07178