[ESS] Inferior Stata in 5.2.12

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Fri Mar 31 14:48:51 CEST 2006

    Brendan> Martin Maechler <maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch> writes:
    >> and this problem was not there in your previous version of ESS
    >> (and *same* version of Emacs) ?
    >> Can you confirm?  If yes, which version of ESS did not have the
    >> above problem?

    Brendan> I was using 5.2.0, and if I re-enable that in the
    Brendan> same emacs, the error does not occur [1].

    Brendan> (emacs-version) =>

    Brendan> "GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit,
    Brendan> Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2006-03-15 on pacem, modified by Debian"

Thank you, Brendan, for the extra specifics.
Could it be that the "problem" is the emacs version, i.e., would
it be possible for you to also try the released (non-alpha)
version of Emacs, i.e. 21.4 (or 21.3 which is close) ?

We still will want to solve the Emacs 22.0.x problem, but it
would be good to know if the problem does appear at all in Emacs
21.x.

Regards, Martin