[ESS] Hyperlinks in help pages

Tom Short tshort at eprisolutions.com
Wed Mar 22 14:53:49 CET 2006

Kiermeier,	Andreas (PIRSA - SARDI <Kiermeier.Andreas <at> saugov.sa.gov.au>
writes:

> Martin,
>
> I haven't gone to the length that Frede has, but I can confirm that I only
> have one version of ESS installed on
> the system - nothing came with Emacs & the version I got I've installed
> myself.
>
> In general what I have done is:
>
> 1) Installed (unzipped) ess into my emacs/site-lisp folder.
> 2) renamed the folder "ess-5.2.10" to "ess" (which saves me having to change
my init file for every new
> version of ess.
> 3) Byte complied all the .el files in the lisp subfolder.
>
> 4) The following is in my init file, most of these come either from the info
file or through the list.  I have no
> further modifications through Emacs customization.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andreas

I get the same symptoms as Andreas and Frede. Typing "h" within a help
buffer brings up a help prompt but doesn't provide a default. This is
true even if I strip everything out of my .emacs but the following line:

(load "c:/e/home/site-lisp/ess-5.2.12/lisp/ess-site")

Here are my system details:

Win XP
GNU Emacs 21.2.1
ESS 21.5.12

I never realized this feature was there, but now that I know, I want
it! :) I tried it under the livecd Quantian under both Emacs and
X-Emacs, and it worked properly on both.

- Tom