[ESS] Help setting key binding for ess

Seth Falcon sethfalcon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 20:57:52 CET 2006

"A.J. Rossini" <blindglobe at gmail.com> writes:
> Major sin!  To help keep you from being a heretic and doomed to the 9
> hells, here's a bit of help.  Edit the function (defun)
> ess-toggle-underscore in essl-s.el, changing _ to =.

I changed '_' to [?\C-=] and this seems to have worked after
restarting everything to make sure I had up-to-date definitions.

> However, note that you'll have to deal with the double-press to get
> "=" back again, which is a PITA for arguments (and one could imagine a
> triple press to provide "==" for equivalence) which is why we've never
> thought of it before.

As you see above, what I really wanted was C-=.  Same keystroke energy
as '_' for me, but more intuitive and gives me back a key that I
actually do want to use.  Regular = is fine.  No double pressing :-)

+ seth