[ESS] New User Getting Error loading init.el

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Fri Mar 3 02:35:19 CET 2006

Dear Richard and Rodney,

I don't understand this either, since this problem went away (at least for
me) with version 21.4.19 of XEmacs.

BTW, in the most recent version of my instructions, I recommend unzipping
ESS into c:\Program Files\XEmacs\site-packages\. That might explain why
XEmacs couldn't find ess-site without the explicit path.

Regards,
 John

John Fox
Department of Sociology