[ESS] Installing ESS in Win 2k

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Fri Jun 9 18:24:21 CEST 2006

Barker, Chris [SCIUS] wrote:

> I am installing ESS under Windows 2000. I followed the installation
> instructions as carefully as possible.
>
> However, when I start xemacs, R is not starting
>
> I'd appreciate suggestions on fixing/debugging my installation.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> -Chris

Hi Chris:

You don't say which version of ESS you installed or which version of
the instructions that you followed.  The latest version of ESS, 5.3.1,
comes with more complete instructions for installing ESS with xemacs.
Also, note that Win2k seems to be a sore point.  There have been
several installation failures reported in the recent past.  This seems
to be a 2k problem since XP seems to be working.  YMMV

Rodney