[ESS] Adjust R option width to current frame width

Friedrich.Leisch at tuwien.ac.at Friedrich.Leisch at tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jan 20 09:00:40 CET 2006

Martin Mächler asked me to post the following lisp snippet to the list:

(defun fl-ess-adjust-width ()
  (interactive)
  (ess-execute
   (concat "options(width="
	   (number-to-string (frame-width))
	   ")") 'buffer))

(add-hook 'inferior-ess-mode-hook
          (lambda ()
	    (define-key inferior-ess-mode-map "\C-cw"
          'fl-ess-adjust-width)))

which sets R option width to the current frame width when pressing C-cw
... I personally don't want that the width changes automatically as in
the windows console, hence I never bothered to look whether that is
possible.

Best,
Fritz

                        Friedrich Leisch
Institut für Statistik                     Tel: (+43 1) 58801 10715
Technische Universität Wien                Fax: (+43 1) 58801 10798
Wiedner Hauptstraße 8-10/1071
A-1040 Wien, Austria             http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~leisch