[ESS] Permanently set working directoty

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Mon Aug 21 12:29:40 CEST 2006

    Gregor> Hello!
    Gregor> Is it possible to permanently set working directory for R session in
    Gregor> ESS? I am a bit annoyed with question at R session start as I always
    Gregor> want to start in my home.

Very short answer:   Yes, RTFM!

Longer answer:

 Yes it is easily possible, and we have documented it.

 How much have you tried to find the answer in the ESS manual?
 [This question is not rethoric:  We have acknowledged that the
  manual has been in a relatively bad shape several years ago.
  OTOH, several of my ESS-core colleagues have spent many hours
  on improving the ESS manual ... ]

Regards,
Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich