[ESS] Snw files are not weaved by C-c C-c from AucTeX-mode

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Tue Aug 1 17:44:46 CEST 2006

Rodney Sparapani wrote:
> FWIW, I get the same thing.  As well, I've just been doing:
> Sweave("example-1.Snw")

Actually, it's even worse than I suspected.  Not only does
submitting a Sweave file not work from ESS.  Editing a Sweave
file in XEmacs is not possible if you use viper-mode.  As you
'j' down a file, XEmacs goes into an infinite loop when you
reach a code chunk.  You'll see a j inserted right before,
so Sweave does not honor minor modes, rather it wreaks havoc
with those that it comes across.

And, after thinking about it a little, I don't think the code marks
make any sense.  Why << and @?  This means that you can't work with
these files with off-the-shelf tools like csplit.  Why not << and <<@?
Then you could very simply do:  csplit -f file. file /<</
Right now, this seems to be more of a hassle than it is actually worth.

Rodney