[ESS] ess using stata: Symbol's value as variable is void: inferior-ess-font-lock-keywords

Markus Jantti markus.jantti at iki.fi
Tue Sep 27 21:26:26 CEST 2005

Hello All: when I try to start Stata in ESS (both emacs and xemacs; see
below) I get the error (from the Messages buffer):

font-lock-eval-keywords: Symbol's value as variable is void:
inferior-ess-font-lock-keywords

However, if I first start an R process and then start Stata, the Stata
process
--
Markus Jantti
Abo Akademi University
markus.jantti at iki.fi
http://www.iki.fi/~mjantti
 starts as it should.

The workaround is of course obvious, but maybe this could be remedied.

Am using ESS 5.2.6 on GNU Emacs 21.4.1 (i386-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit,
Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2005-03-17 on trouble, modified by Debian
both installed on a Debian testing. The same behavior appears using
Xemacs and the ess package distributed with Debian xemacs.

--
Markus Jantti
Abo Akademi University
markus.jantti at iki.fi