[ESS] ess-remote with multiple machines/programs and combinations: a few problems

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 16:43:20 CEST 2005

So, I'm starting to enjoy ESS again, "legally".

I'm having success with running SAS remotely (changes to be checked in
for telnet), S-PLUS, and R, as long as I'm only running one.

I'm NOT having success running S-PLUS and R remotely (different
machines), concurrently.  Has anyone succeeded with this?

(I've not tried the 3-way combination, though I'll have very good
reason to do so late next week).

Comments on success/failures welcome.

best,
-tony

blindglobe at gmail.com
Muttenz, Switzerland.
"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we can easily
roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).