[ESS] Xemacs again {was "file name completion again"}

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Thu Sep 1 11:50:44 CEST 2005

 > In such moments I'm close to proposing to drop all support for
 > Xemacs...   but luckily these moments pass ... so you Xemacs
 > lovers don't have to be afraid yet.

I agree with you there - but I feel a bit more strongly, and my
moments do not pass!  I think the more people get behind Emacs, the
sooner XEmacs will become a thing of the past.  I spent a lot of time
cursing at the differences between Emacs and XEmacs.

I realise XEmacs provides better support for Windows, but then I'm no
fan of Windows either!

Stephen