[ESS] ess using stata: Symbol's value as variable is void:, inferior-ess-font-lock-keywords

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Thu Oct 13 14:05:27 CEST 2005

A.J. Rossini writes:
 > On 10/12/05, renato corbetta <corbetta at uab.edu> wrote:
 >
 > > Thanks for the help. I truly appreciate it.  I gather from previous
 > > exchanges
 > > that few developers are still working with Stata.  More and more people
 > > in my
 > > field are migrating to R, but Stata remains widely used.
 >
 > It is true that I no longer use Stata (havn't since version 6.0 came
 > out eons ago), Bill at Lexington (?last name escapes me) has been
 > talking about helping with Stata support.  I don't even have access to
 > it anymore.  I don't think anyone in ESS core does.
 >
 > But for the editing mode, that shouldn't be an issue.  Almost too bad
 > about Stata users here, since it's a nice fast little program for data
 > analysis.

hi Tony,

do you mean Bill Rising?  I found the following couple of web pages
that may be useful:

http://faculty.bellarmine.edu/wrising/Stata/index.html
http://faculty.bellarmine.edu/wrising/Emacs/index.html

if this is the Bill you are thinking of, maybe we could write to him
and see if he can help out with the current problem.

Stephen