[ESS] Process SAS not running

Cameron Hooper chooper at umich.edu
Sat Nov 19 16:58:13 CET 2005

Cameron Hooper wrote:

 > Today when I attempted to start up an interactive SAS session using
ESS >(M-SAS) I
 > received a "Process SAS is not running error".

It turns out that a site-wide version of ESS had been installed. For
some reason, this caused my local version to stop working. The
site-wide version also did not work. I told the powers-that-be this
could be because the shell script used to start SAS invoked the dms,
but I'm not sure if I was believed. Anyway, after the site-wide version
was removed, my local version worked again.
Can anyone think why this happened?

Cameron