[ESS] Remote use of S/R (ess-remote, S+elsewhere)

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 13:48:58 CET 2005

I'm cleaning up old code, and found a bit that I'd like to commit --
does anyone have issues with removing the "deprecated" functions,
S+elsewhere ?

I'm not removing "ess-remote", which is the sanctioned approach, but
we've got dead code to remove.

Anyone doing remote S work (S-PLUS, R) should be using ess-remote; and
while I know there are issues (i.e. I have them, from ancient Cygwin
connecting to ancient AIX), but am working on them.  Any issues should
be reported this week while I'm fixing them.

best,
-tony

blindglobe at gmail.com
Muttenz, Switzerland.
"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we can easily
roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).