[ESS] ess-developers/users using sweave/auctex

Patrick Drechsler patrick at pdrechsler.de
Wed Mar 30 18:44:41 CEST 2005

A. J. Rossini wrote on 30 Mar 2005 04:22:32 MET:

[...]

> I actually use a combination of Sweave and Makefiles,
> evaluating code to test it out, and the makefiles automagically
> generate the document.

> There is no good way to highjack the C-c C-c command feature of
> AUC-TeX -- perhaps you could add an Sweave command using Fritz'
> sample Sweave.sh (see the Sweave FAQ on his home page) but the
> rest is usually easier with a Makefile.

I actually like using David Whiting's shortcuts which were posted
here about half a year ago[1]. The only problem I have is that
error messages are not displayed when something goes wrong.

Since I'm not to firm with Lisp I'll give Makefiles another try.

Thanks for your feedback,

Patrick

Footnotes:
[1] <URL:https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/ess-help/2004-September/002108.html>

--
Die Menschen werden geboren, die Menschen sterben, und die Zeit
dazwischen verbringen sie mit dem Tragen der Digitaluhren.