[ESS] no gnuclient

Fredrik Lundgren fredrik.bg.lundgren at bredband.net
Sat Mar 26 12:44:06 CET 2005

Well,
In gentoo-linux when i start ( Xemacs-21.4.15-r3, ESS-5.2.6) ESS with
M-x R I get:

###
R : Copyright 2004, The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Version 2.0.1 (2004-11-15), ISBN 3-900051-07-0

'help.start()' for a HTML browser interface to help.

Type 'q()' to quit R.

> options(STERM='iESS', editor='gnuclient -q')

###

When I try edit() and fix() on a small vector I get:

###

> k <- c(1,2,3,4,5,6)

> edit(k)

gnuclient: No such file or directory

gnuclient: unable to connect to local

Error in edit(name, file, title, editor) :

problem with running editor gnuclient -q

> fix(k)

gnuclient: No such file or directory

gnuclient: unable to connect to local

Error in edit(name, file, title, editor) :

problem with running editor gnuclient -q

###

In my system gnuclient is there in /usr/bin OK but I don't know about
gnuserv or gnudoit

As far as I'm aware of I have a standard installation of Xemacs with
sumo and I have ESS in my home directory with a reference to the lisp
directory in the init.el and from other aspects (that's with the
exception of function templates, whcih I have never been able to get in
function) ESS works as expected and OK from my point of view. In init.el
I have nothing about gnuclient, emacsclient, gnuserv or whatever.
emacsclient if it's a file  isn't on my system.

Fredrik