[ESS] prompt multiple reinsertion problem

Sebastian Luque sluque at mun.ca
Fri Mar 25 18:17:24 CET 2005

"A.J. Rossini" <blindglobe at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like we aren't waiting long enough for the objects to pass
> through, OR you've got an object which looks like the prompt, and
> hence the object dump gets displayed.
>
> We saw this in SPLUS until recently; could you provide the obvious
> details to the list (Emacs type, version, ESS version, R/S version)?

Sorry, I forgot to add that info:

- emacs-version = GNU Emacs 21.4.1 (i386-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d
  scroll bars) of 2005-03-17 on trouble, modified by Debian

- ess-version = ess 5.2.6

- R version =  platform i386-pc-linux-gnu
               arch     i386
               os       linux-gnu
               system   i386, linux-gnu
               status
               major    2
               minor    0.1
               year     2004
               month    11
               day      15
               language R

However, it was happening to me with previous versions (on the same
machine) of all three packages.

Thanks,
--
Sebastian P. Luque