[ESS] Help with Help when using ess-remote

Seth Falcon sethfalcon at comcast.net
Thu Jun 30 16:10:57 CEST 2005

On 29 Jun 2005, S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk wrote:
>> Is there another way to start a remote session (not using M-x
>> shell)?  I seem to remember ssh.el being mentioned somewhere, but I
>> don't seem to have this.
>
> Seth:
> the ESS info files has a section on running ess-remote:
>
> 3.3 ESS processes on Remote Computers
>
> (including a link to ssh.el)
> - does that get you up and running?

Well, ssh.el seems to work as well as what I was doing before.  If I
do:

M-x ssh  (enter info for my host)
M-x ess-remote (r)
C-c C-v

The help fails to open a new frame, as it would running R locally, and
I get weird pager behavior in the ssh buffer.

Can anyone confirm that this works for them?

It isn't a showstopper for me, but it would be nice to have (usable)
access to help from a remote R session.

Thanks all,

+ seth