[ESS] Process S+6 not running

gerald.jean at dgag.ca gerald.jean at dgag.ca
Thu Jun 16 15:07:34 CEST 2005

Hello,

yesterday I successfully ran S+6 on a Solaris machine from ESS' Emacs on my
desktop PC, Windows 2000.  The files from which I was sending commands to
S+6 also reside on the Unix Solaris machine, I accessed and edited this
file through dired in Emacs from my desktop, it all ran fine.

Today I am back to "normal", accessing the Solaris machine through a Citrix
server, once logged on the Solaris machine I start the resident Emacs, edit
the same file I was remotely editing yesterday from Emacs on my desktop,
from that file I am trying to start S+6, has I have done every day for at
least three years, by "M-x S+6" and after 30 sec. or so of scrambling ESS
answers back:

Process S+6 not running

Of course it's not running, I am trying to start it!  What is going on?  I
haven't changed anything in my ".emacs", "ess-site", etc.  The only thing
that is different from usual is that I worked remotely with that file
yesterday and ran S+6 remotely on the Solaris machine???

Any insights greatly appreciated,

Gérald Jean
Analyste-conseil (statistiques), Actuariat
télephone            : (418) 835-4900 poste (7639)
télecopieur          : (418) 835-6657
courrier électronique: gerald.jean at dgag.ca

"In God we trust, all others must bring data"  W. Edwards Deming