[ESS] back/forwardslash incompatability

tim downie timbodownie2004 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 21 15:59:21 CEST 2005

Hi,

I've used R within ESS (on Xemacs) for several years
on Linux, and have now installed on windows NT.

There seems to be a problem when sourcing a file
using C-c C-l in that emacs insists on using \ to
delimit directories, but the Rterm shell interprets
this as an escape eg. \test turns into [tab]est etc.
The error message is "cannot open file" as the wrong
filename is submitted.

I've searched available documentation & help sites
but I can't seem to find any other mention of the
problem.

Thanks
Tim