[ESS] Question about ESS and R

O.J. Shaikh shaikhoj at univmail.cis.mcmaster.ca
Fri Jul 8 14:16:18 CEST 2005

Hi,
 I had a quick question about ess and R.  I was wondering if anyone was
using ess and R from a remote server where they have their own
directories.

I installed ess-5.2.8 and R-1.9.1 on my directory of the server but for
some reason when I use the M-x R command from Emacs then type the
directory where R is located I get the following error.

     "Searching for program: no such file or directory, R"

I am sure that I installed ess and R properly since the process works
on my home linux desktop.

If anyone can help it is deeply appreciated.

Thanks in Advance - Omar