[ESS] getting started with ESS and Xemacs

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Sat Jan 22 15:33:10 CET 2005

Dear Soren and Michael,

Since two people reported the same problem, I figured that there must be a
bug in my init file.

I uninstalled and reinstalled version 21.4.13 of XEmacs, including the
current XEmacs ESS package (ESS version 5.2.3). I experience the same
problems as Soren and Michael (no split screen, just a buffer with the R
process), so I suspect that some change in ESS has caused my init file not
to work properly. My init last worked with XEmacs 21.4.13 and ESS 5.2.2

Since I don't currently use XEmacs and ESS, and am currently very busy, I
can't spend much time now tracking down and fixing the problem, but if
someone has an idea of what the source of the bug is (or, of course, better
yet, a fix), I'm happy to look into it.

I apologize for the difficulties.

John

John Fox