[ESS] ESS + Gnu Emacs on OS X questions

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Sat Jan 22 06:00:36 CET 2005

Hi all,

A couple of question on ESS behavior with Gnu Emacs on OS X:

(1)
I'm not able to use the feature where you hit C-c RET in an ESS (R)
buffer and get the current line moved to the prompt at the bottom of
the buffer so you can edit it.

This works for me on Linux, but not on OS X.  I get an error message
like so:

comint-insert-input must be bound to an event with parameters

This was happening with the prior ESS release as well as the recently
released code.

(2)
The first time I load an Sweave type file after starting emacs, I see
messages like the following:

In a buffer called *Compile-Log*:
Warning: `error' called with 1 args to fill 0 format field(s)
Warning: `error' called with 1 args to fill 0 format field(s)
Warning: `error' called with 1 args to fill 0 format field(s)

Can someone give me a pointer about tracking down what this is about?
I notice that I get the same messages when I first load a *.R file as
well.

I'm using Emacs 21.3.50.1 from CVS.  ESS is 5.2.4.

Thanks,

+ seth