[ESS] [R] ESS and Emacs

Heinz Tuechler tuechler at gmx.at
Sat Dec 31 17:33:50 CET 2005

At 00:58 31.12.2005 +0100, Kasper Daniel Hansen wrote:
>If you are indifferent as to whether you are using GNU Emacs or
>Xemacs you might want to use GNU Emacs.

As an "experienced non-expert" I would second your opinion. I used Emacs,
then Xemacs together with John Fox´s instructions, I was very happy to find.
John Fox's page helps a lot, if one is used to typical MSWindows programs.
Still after some time I decided to change again to Emacs, especially
because I could not solve some inconveniencies when printing. At the end I
found it easier to print from Emacs and in the way I use (X)Emacs I found
no advantage in Xemacs.
So my impression is that there could be clearer hints for someone who
starts with (X)Emacs because of ESS, first to try Emacs.

Heinz