[ESS] add a keyword to font-lock-keywords

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Thu Aug 25 17:03:32 CEST 2005

    GeriSch> Am 20 Aug 2005 um 14:30, Martin Maechler schrieb:
    >> Gerard, could you try the following -- which I just now have
    >> added to lisp/essl-sta.el :
    >>
    >> (cond
    >> ;; XEmacs 19, 20, 21
    >> [...]
    >> ----
    >>
    >> If you (or anyone else) can confirm that this enables the "//"
    >> for comments in stata-mode,
    >> this will be in the upcoming 5.2.9 version of ESS.

    GeriSch> Dear Martin,

    GeriSch> it works as expected, thanks a lot.
    GeriSch> My answer is delayed, because I normally use GNU-
    GeriSch> Emacs22, so I first had to get and adapt a version 21.
    GeriSch> Your code don't works on GNU-Emacs22; probably also
    GeriSch> not on unicode-Emacs23.

Thank you, Gerard.

Fortunately, Stephen Eglen (in ESS-core) also uses "pretesting
Emacs 22", found the problem and proposed a patch that works for
pretesting emacs 22:

For this reason, the lines

;; only needed in Emacs >= 22.x and newish Xemacsen:
(unless (boundp 'c-emacs-features)
  (require 'cc-vars));; for syntax-table

had been added to ess/lisp/essl-sta.el  a while ago.

BTW, you can always get the current development version of ESS
from
    https://svn.R-project.org/ESS/trunk/
or  https://svn.R-project.org/ESS/trunk/lisp/ for the emacs lisp files

--