[ESS] ess installation on Windows [forwarded]

Paul Johnson pauljohn at ku.edu
Wed Aug 10 05:04:08 CEST 2005

I have to agree with you that the install instructions are oblique and
somewhat puzzling for new users.  I worked on the idiot proof install
guide at one time. The process can really be simple if you get it right.
  Right before ESS was relocated to its new web pages, it was situated
in a Wiki Web site where Tony Rossini had touched up my instructions.

I can't find that now, but I can find the last piece of the email thread
in the ESS archive

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/ess-help/2004-April/001830.html