[ESS] setting transcript file name

Vaidotas Zemlys zemlys at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 08:45:39 CEST 2005

Hi,

Is it possible to set transcript file name to a predefined one, when
starting ESS? If you set ess-ask-about-transfile to t, it will ask the
filename, but it is a hassle to enter it everytime. I for example
want, that every R session I start with ESS would be recorded in a
transcript file with name
"name-of-directory-R-was-started-in--current-date.St". The bash
equivalent of name would be

$(echo "`pwd`" | sed "s/\/.*\///")-`date +%y-%m-%d`.St

How to translate that to lisp? I have none lisp experience, but if
someone would give an example of similar script, I would be very
grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Vaidotas Zemlys