[ESS] emacs freezing on computationally intensive commands

Kasper Daniel Hansen k.hansen at biostat.ku.dk
Tue Apr 19 20:08:26 CEST 2005

Hmm, I must say I use it constantly with very good results, and this was
the approach I was adviced to take when I asked a similiar question some
time ago on the list.

Anyway, I think it is pretty important for users to be able to edit
files while R computes in another buffer (it would even be nice to
continue to view help files, hint hint :) While I always use batch mode
for long computations (1+ hour) I frequently execute commands with a
moderate amount of computing (10-40 minutes).

Kasper