ess-5.2.2 building rpms for fc2; one quirk

Paul Johnson pauljohn at ku.edu
Sun Sep 19 01:04:48 CEST 2004

Hey, everybody

I'm packaging up ess-emacs rpms for 5.2.2 for Fedora Core 2 linux
systems (I know, about time) and ESS runs fine, but I notice one config
quirk and I want to understand it.

When Emacs starts, M-x R does work to start R its own window (I love
that).

The funny bit is that the R icon in the ESS menu bar thing across the
top is grayed out, and when you hover the mouse on it, it says "No other
R or Sqpe versions".  However, the s-plus button, right next to it, is
not grayed-out, even though I don't have s-plus it will let me click on
that button and then return an error.

The R button did lite up in ESS-5.2.1 and i could launch R there.

So it must mean I missed a config switch?

My Emacs is the one FC2 delivers, 21.3.1, nothing fancied up.

Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn at ku.edu
1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504