change indent

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 6 12:48:14 CEST 2004

 > How can I modify the indent of R-code?
 >
 > At the moment comments starting with # are aligned on column 40, but I
 > like 50 or 60...

hi, good questions... this isn't straightforward from what I see.

(add-hook 'ess-mode-hook '(lambda () (setq comment-column 60)))

put the above in .emacs and this should work.  But maybe the better
solution might be to allow S-editing-alist to be customizable ...

 > Moreover the indent of 2 spaces on each lower level of loops etc. is
 > too less for me too. I like 4 or even 8.
Try

(setq ess-indent-level 4)

All this needs better documentation!

Stephen