[ESS] TAGS only the first function in some files

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Tue Nov 30 10:40:30 CET 2004

 > I tried to use etags to tag my R files.
 >
 > For some files it indexes all functions but for some files it only finds
 > the first function defined and skips the rest???
 >
 > I ran 'etags *.R' in the folder containing my scripts, did I miss
 > something vital?

Dear Hendrik,

When I do etags --help I get a list of languages, but none of which
seem to be for R, or recognise .R suffix.

$ etags -V
etags (standalone 21.3.50)

It seems to work for functions in some files, but not others.  Can you
let us know how your etags finds functions - this is something we
could add to the manual.   (Or are you also passing a -r REGEXP
option?)

If you can provide a reproducible example, we can get looking into
this a bit deeper, thanks!

Stephen