[ESS] Avoiding printing large R objects

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 07:39:46 CET 2004

I know exactly what you mean.  About once a month I dump small 10k
matrices into the buffer.

What I've thought about doing is having a flag (on by default) that
would truncate output after 1k characters.  (i.e. approx 10 lines).

But you'd have to specifically turn it off to get large output.

Possibly via a keyboard shortcut toggle or a toolbar/menu item.

Not sure about timelines for doing it, though.

best,
-tony