is it possible to display plots in an emacs buffer?

Charles C. Berry cberry at tajo.ucsd.edu
Fri May 21 19:12:54 CEST 2004

On Fri, 21 May 2004, Angel Lopez wrote:

[snip]

> I'll explain the idea a bit more. When I am working in emacs and make a
> plot, a new X11 window opens, I see the plot and to get back to emacs I
> have to close or minimize the X11, I loose quite a lot of time doing
> this every day. Wouldn't it be great if the plots could be displayed
> directly inside an emacs buffer?

After seeing the responses to this I wonder if I have missed something,
but...

This sounds like a job for the desktop environment to handle.

What desktop do you use??

On KDE and Windows (at least) 'alt-TAB' will allow you to maximize and/or
bring-to-front another window. On various Solaris desktops the 'front' and
'open' keys on the Sun keyboard handle those operations.

Maybe something similar applies for your desktop.

Chuck

Charles C. Berry                        (858) 534-2098
                                         Dept of Family/Preventive Medicine
E mailto:cberry at tajo.ucsd.edu	         UC San Diego
http://hacuna.ucsd.edu/members/ccb.html  La Jolla, San Diego 92093-0717