bindings for up-arrow

Robin Hankin rksh at soc.soton.ac.uk
Wed May 19 15:04:57 CEST 2004

Hello folks

I have a little keyboard macro that binds up-arrow to
comint-previous-matching-input-from-input.

I also bind C-a to comint-bol-or-process-mark and
<down-arrow> to comint-next-matching-input-from-input

I also set variable comint-scroll-show-maximum-output to "t".

This way, ESS keystrokes are consistent with csh (I haven't figured
out how to use hooks,
which I suspect might be a better way to do this).

What bindings do other people have?   The reason I ask is because
other people might use
cleverer ways of working than I do.

I'd say comint-previous-matching-input-from-input is very useful (and
frequently needed)
in everyday use, and <up-arrow> is a natural key to bind it to.  The
default binding isn't
very useful, IMHO, although some people want <up-arrow> to be bound
to previous-line, in
order to be able to cruise around the buffer (I prefer to use C-p for this).

Can we discuss what bindings would be optimal?  My vote would be for
my bindings above.

--
Robin Hankin
Uncertainty Analyst